Let’s chat apps. There seems to be an app for everything these days, but if you are a renter, homeowner or an apartment dweller, the new Home Depot iphone app is calling your name. It’s actually an app you will use. With the following features, how could this app not come in handy?
- Tape measurer that uses your shoe size to calculate any horizontal distance such as the width of your garage door
- Interactive caliper that measures the length or width of objects used for your home improvement
- Room size calculator that helps you figure out how much paint, drywall, flooring or insulation to buy for those your upcoming home projects
- Hundreds of how-to DIY video guides and customizable supply lists
I’m especially loving the room size calculator. I always try to “eyeball it” and we all know how that usually turns out. Bad. With this new app, I won’t over or under estimate a project – I’ll know exactly how much paint I’ll need for my next project.
And, the Home Depot is the only retailer offering you the opportunity to purchase a Gift Card on your iPhone and have it sent to the recipient as an eGift Card – ensuring no one on your list will be ever be forgotten. You can also personalize the eGift Card by recording a message and/or uploading a video to accompany the gift.
So, to kick off the recent launch of this awesome app, the Home Depot has given me the opportunity to send one of my readers a $25.00 eGift Card! Heck yes.
And, since there’s no snail mail in the picture, the winner of the eGift Card will have it in their hands on the evening of Dec. 20th – plenty of time to head to the Home Depot and do any last minute holiday shopping.
Here are the details:
- PRIZE: One $25.00 gift card to the Home Depot, sent via an eGift Card
- TO ENTER: Leave a comment below – tell me the status of your holiday shopping – haven’t started, halfway there, or complete?
- GIVEAWAY ENDS: Monday night, December 20th, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. EST
- NUMBER OF WINNERS: One
- WINNER ANNOUNCED: Tuesday morning, December 21st, 2010
- EXTRA ENTRIES: Tweet about this giveaway and then post a link to your tweet below and you’ll be entered to win again!
Cheers to the last weekend before Christmas – hope it’s a merry one (and productive too!). And don’t forget to leave a comment to enter to win!